Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tagging along

Hi there Bloglanders

It's Saturday and I have some extra time to spend crafting.  I'm still trying to get my tags up to 4 sets (one for each week) and as I've done double sets for the past 2 weeks - my stash is up to date!! With Valentine's day around the corner, I thought I'd get some tags ready for thank-you-pressies to spread some love.

Ta da!!

My color scheme started out with black, white and a dash of green.  It's from The Play Date Cafe but my friend Blogger doesn't want to let me paste the mood board on my blog.  I'll check back later and insert the image. And so I did - here it is:

The first tags off the production line looked like this:


And then IMPERFECT ME decided that I want some red hearts to spread the love and this is what I came up with:

That's the wonderful thing about inspiration - you use it but alter it to suit your personal (imperfect) style.  At least it supplies a starting point and you end up with something you love and can use.  I feel rich when my card / tag and embellishment stash is loaded. It makes wrapping and personalizing pressies easy peasy. Can't wait to spread the love!

I plan to give some homemade rusks as a hostess gift next weekend - I'll take a pic and share with you my pressie adorned with a beautiful "from my heart to your home" tag.

For my tags I used a stamp from Amy Tangerine for the houses but added the one with the chimney from "Elsie". (Oh, I just love Elsie Flannigan's stuff)  Sorry, I've recycled the packaging - no more details available. O course, the twine is from The Twinery and the green, green grass of home is ex my architect son's green fine liner. DIY.

That's it from me. I'm working on MY LIFE, MY WAY.  It's not that easy recording everything and the Becky Higgins system is very new to me but I'm rather proud of the pages I've done. Keep looking and I'll share with you.

Have a great weekend. Thanks for coming out to play and please check back as I'll be sharing some more of my crafting fun right here on my blog.



2 comments:

  1. Very cute tags! Love your splashes of Emerald!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really really great. love them. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete