Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My House Mini Album

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Terrific Tuesday. I've been trying out new things in my craft stash but today I want to show a golden oldie. Remember when I showed my "Birds of a feather" mini album last week I said that I bought the kit for a mini album about my house. Well, everything was out so I did just that. If you missed out on "Birds of a feather", just click here.

The kit is from BoBunny (Alora) and I wouldn't normally use colors like this on layouts but I love them in mini albums.  And the story behind my mini book: My family moved to our current house 8 years ago - the boys were in high school and Wynand and I both worked for big wineries in Stellenbosch but since then everything has changed.  The children are grown up, we have our own business and we are part of a family owned winery. With everything changed, our house now needs a major facelift and I plan to do just that after we have finished harvesting.  In Sunny SA that is mid April.

With my book finished, I just have to start on the renovation. Until then, I'll be browsing Pinterest for ideas.  I also plan to slipcover my chairs - will tell you all about it once I get going.  With the mini album done, I will start on the "before" pictures  and then will add the "after" once it's done. Wanna see what it looks like?  Sneak peak just for you:

 FRONT:

BACK:

And my inspiration?

I love The Play Date Cafe and this picture made me smile.  If you want to hop over and see all the entries, just click here. I'm #50.  While you're there, why don't you leave a comment telling them how much we enjoyed this picture?

I'm off to do one of my new projects.  Have a great day and thanks for looking.  I just love it when you come to play at Play as U Go.



1 comment:

  1. Your mini book is fabulous! I love all of the little details you added. And thank you for the sweet words about the PDCC! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete