Thursday, August 8, 2013

Working on my Stash

Hallo Bloglanders

I'm still playing but decided that I will have to start thinking about Xmas pressies It's nearly spring in Sunny SA and I still have to sort through a lot of stuff.  Once a year I sit down and cut ALL my scraps into pages for mini books or die cuts to be used or redistributed.

Next week, I'll do a week of working with scraps - I'll explain exactly what I do and show some pic's.  Not today as I have something much more colorful to start with:

Once again, I only used scraps from other projects.  I gathered 3 die cut butterflies of the same size, stitched them together and added a pop dot to the back.

Here you can see that I did 3 different sizes:

Not easy to see, but they are on transparency sheets (from recycled packaging material) - this makes it easier to pack in my mini gift wrapping sets.  Remember them?


If you missed them, just click here.  These were amongst my 2012 Christmas presents and I have had a lot of requests for refills so I thought I'd do something different this year for my mini wrapping sets.  And my first element is done and dusted - beautiful, 3D butterflies to zuss up any pressie. That is if  I still have any left by then - you can see the first one already hopped onto my diary to brighten my wintry day. Want to see what they look like when flapped up?
























I do like them a lot and it wasn't even my own idea!  A friend bought me a pack of these beauties at Typo (they cost a fortune!!) and out came my "idea book" - it took me less than a day to do some of my own. Next week when we are doing the scraps, I'll show you exactly how it works.

Have you figured out what my new toy is?  Well, I'll tell you tomorrow.  So this is the last day that you can leave a comment and guess. One person will receive some Sunshine from Sunny SA delivered to his / her address. OK, a clue - her name is Hette.

It is a long weekend in Sunny SA - my husband is away on business and all my scraps are on my dining room table.  I'm off to get them sorted.  Thanks for looking at my blog today and please come back to play as I have a lot more crafting fun to share with you right here on Play as U Go.

Have a wonderful day!










5 comments: