Tuesday, July 8, 2014

6 Weeks to Wed

Hello Bloglanders

6 Weeks until my son gets married!!! SO much still to do.  I finished another thing on my "to-do-list" - the confetti.  I blogged about my friend Marelize and her DD's making it out of old book pages here.

And another WIP pic:


I used small Glassine bags from my friend Monika's ILoveItAll Etsy shop, filled it with the book page confetti, added a cardstock heart and stitched it shut.


And I kept one for myself and added it to my PL page about the wedding activities.


The title of my page is TROUkoors = wedding fever and it's a die cut in flocked heat transfer that I did for the napkins. The princess didn't like it so I used it in my layout. Not perfect to use heat transfer on paper but I like it anyway and it's in keeping with my 2014 philosophy - "waste not, want not".  I love the texture of the flocked heat transfer - looks like black velvet.

Back to my "shaker style" confetti. I'm adding it to the SimonSaysStamp Challenge - "SHAKE IT". Hop over there and join in the fun!

That's it. Just goes to show that you don't have to use inspiration only for scrapbook pages - it works very well on DIY projects as well. I'm off to give the 100 napkins a go ....................................

Thanks for looking at my blog. Have fun and remember to try something new ........................ TODAY!!




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea and love that you sew the top with the added heart.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete