Wednesday, July 16, 2014

As free as a Butterfly

Hello

Happy day to you all!!  First up: My submission for the MME challenge "Let Freedom Ring". Well, down under in Sunny SA we don't do independence day, I couldn't find any suitable paper in my MME stash so off I went to Pinterest. And this is what I did:


As my home language is Afrikaans, I translated my quote from this (ex Pinterest):
Every month I try to focus on something and this is for July 2014. The best things in life aren't things and best of all - most of them are free for all. Thinking like that makes me feel free from worldly goods and  enjoy the preciousness of health, the love of my family and living life to its fullest.

For my project, I used a die cut from the Silhouette store for my frame and did the letters in vinyl except for the "DINGE" - I cut them out of glitter foam. The red flourish came from glitter foam as well and the flowers are offcuts from Silhouette printable canvas.  I added a bit of ink to the edges and a sparkly brad from the MME's "Lost and Found 3"  range.

My papers are rather old. I bought them from a close down sale at an online shop. The red check comes from the "Miss Caroline" range and the black and cream flowers from "Lush".

As promised yesterday, my Beady Butterflies:

This is an OLD project. Yes, ex 2005 when my boy's class  had to host the metric farewell. The theme was woody wonderland and our butterflies went on the menu's.  They were printed on green vellum, rolled around a glass vase and inside was an tea light. We glued the butterflies on randomly.  It looked magical!!!

How did we do it?? We used transparency to cut butterfly shapes, glass liner and paint to decorate and once again - beads for the bodies.   Every day after school about 10 boys used to sit around our dining room table making butterflies. They made 500!!! You see ........................ the memory is priceless and doesn't cost a thing.

These three little beauties in my photo are on my craft room window but you can also glue them back to back onto fishing line. It makes a GREAT mobile. And apparently the liner and paint never dries as mine (ex 2005) is still usable.  

There you have it. Something old, something new. Thanks for looking at my blog today and please check back as I have lots more to share right here on Play as U Go.






No comments:

Post a Comment