Thursday, August 14, 2014

Storage for Small Embellishments

Hello Bloglanders

I hope you are having a FUN week.  I'm still under house arrest and not allowed to drive or carry stuff but the doctor didn't say anything about working at my craft desk or sewing. SO, I've been sewing up a storm - YES, THE WEDDING is next Saturday.

I've also been sorting a lot of craft items - sewing patterns, embellishments and paint. Today, I want to share how I store my paperclips.  I did the original post for Craft Storage Ideas but as it was my very, very own idea, I want to have it on my blog as well.


This year, I decided not to buy ANYTHING new. I will use what I have on hand, recycle and re purpose in my quest for less clutter. The biggest problem was – I didn’t know what I had on hand!!
So, after searching through a whole plastic tub to find a “cat” paperclip, I decided to do something about it.  Here is my solution:
1
From my local hardware store and before you think that I’ve bought a whole stash of these – I used 2 left over from my hubby’s garage upgrade last year.
I love these as the dividers can be moved around. Much easier to clean (I wash them in the dishwasher!!) and if you have awkward shapes, you can fit them as well.
And here is my sorted paperclip stash:
2
Stacked and ready to go into my craft cupboard:
3
I just stack them as the lids close firmly, even if they should fall, they will stay intact in their little cubicles.
I think you will agree with me – I made a good call when I decided that “enough was as good as a feast” – this stash will last me a lifetime!
Last but not least.  While browsing Pinterest I stumbled upon this idea for stacking your containers:
LINK (ex Flickr)
I have a birthday coming up and I think Hamman HQ needs one of these. I’m off to show my hubby.
Thanks for sorting paperclips with me today. It has been fun.  Please check back as I'll be sharing some more crafting fun right here on Play as U Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment