Wednesday, October 8, 2014

SimonSaysStamp Wedenesday Challenge

Good Wednesday to you all,

And I'm back to share a customized journal!!  This is not all I've done this week BUT you will have to check back to see the rest!!! I'm doing the Wilna Furstenberg class over at Big Picture and I'm painting my days away. Can't wait to go outside and do some more watercoloring.

First up - my "honeymoon" journal:


And I just love to decorate the inside as well. What more can a girl  wish for than a teeny, weeny pocket???



Now, you know me - I recycle, reuse and re purpose. BUT sometimes you get these little books for cheap, cheap so I have to show you how to customize them.

First of all - I didn't think this up all by myself. Monika Wright has a tutorial on how to add pages to a Zutter bound journal. And as nothing is new, I adapted the idea to add a customized cover to my CHEAP journal.


1. Tear one page out to the journal to use as a template. If you buy in bulk when they are on special (like IMPERFECT ME) you just tear one out and use it for all.
Mark the holes - I used my chalkboard pen to mark it out.
2. Punch the holes - I used a punch I've had for YEARS but never used but you can utilize your Crop-O-Dile or even an needle would work.
3. Snip a little slit at the back of the holes. (This is where I used Monika's idea)
4. Just glue your new front page to the shop bought one.
Decorate as you wish.
D-O-N-E !!!!

My beautiful son and his more than beautiful wife is going on honeymoon to Paris and I thought it would be wonderful for my daughter-in-law to have this little journal to keep track of everything they see and do.

BUT, as I bought a stash while they were on special, you'll be seeing them again!! I think they would make wonderful Xmas pressies. Just add a pen / pencil and I'm looking out for a Silhouette cut file for a little box. All my neighbour and friend pressies sorted!!

That's it. Please check back as I have LOTS and LOTS and LOTS more to share right here. In the meantime, have fun and remember to try something new TODAY.






PS. What inspired me??? The challenge over @ SimonSaysStamp - "Transport it" (= TRAVEL for me). Hop over and see what the rest of Blogland did  AND!!!!! Paris = Parys (in Afrikaans)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea and wonderful keepsake for your son and his new wife. Gorgeous

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete