Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Monsters and Robots

Hi there Bloglanders

Today I'm sharing my contribution towards my friend's little boy's birthday. The theme of  the party is:  "Monsters and Robots".  As both my boys are all grown up I'm not that into any of these anymore.

I decided to get something small and EXCITING for the birthday boy, a gift card for his mom to spend on new summer gear for him AND to use what I have to make a pretty and exciting themed gift. Everything was packed into a recycled tin suitcase.


































Afterwards this would make for a GREAT carry case for small toys or a lunch box for pre-school.

For my tag I used robot stickers from my stash (YES!!!! I still had some) and paint sample cards that I've kept from last year's home reno.


While everything was out, I decided to do a few more. You never know when the next little monster comes along!!


































Don't you just love the robot dog on the bottom tag?? I will probably add it to my pressie as I like to "double tag" and the little monster that's receiving this gift is actually a big doggie fan.

The big benefit about using what you have, is that you have more money to spend on a usable and exciting gift. Packaging nowadays costs a fortune!! And nobody would even know that everything except the gift was free.

This week, I'm contribution my project to the

Robot or Monster challenge at DoubleClick Skittles


Great minds think alike!!

Thanks for looking at my blog today. I'll share my small and exciting boy's gift with you in my next post. Please check back and all will be revealed right here on Play as U Go. Until we meet again ......................... have FUN!




4 comments:

  1. What fun little tags! Great idea. That stash of stickers always comes in handy, doesn't it? I have soooo many! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles challenge.

    Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these tags and think that you have made them so fun and so cute!!! I am impressed that you made these with paint chips - so awesome!! So very glad you joined us for the Use a Robot/ Monster Challenge over at DoubleClick!! We are so glad you linked up with us!! Hope to see you again soon!!!
    Taunya Butler
    DoubleClick Design Team
    http://daisiesgirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super cute! I just love these cute little robots, and that robot dog?? too cute! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the monster tags!! So cute! The tin suitcase is so adorable too! Love your idea! Thank you for joining the Doubleclick Skittles challenge! Design Team Member - Payel (Beau Monde Designs)

    ReplyDelete