Friday, April 1, 2016

3x4 Project Life Travel Mini Book

Hello Bloglanders

Happy Friday to you all!! Wynand and I are on our way for a camping weekend. He's a VERY happy camper!!

But, I'm not checking in to tell you about our trip - you can check my Instagram feed to see what it looks like and I'll be sure to share some pictures next week. I do want to show my Project Life Travel mini book.


































I do love mini books but they tend to sit on my coffee table and I miss out on their picture in my Project Life spreads as I don't want to duplicate. SO, I came up with the idea to include mini books in my PL spreads. You can see more of them here.

This one fits into a 3x4 PL page protector:


































After our camping weekend, I'll show the whole page. Just check back and all will be revealed. Let me show you how I made it.


































One piece of rather sturdy cardstock of 3 x 4-and-a-bit (add a bit to the length of your card where you can sew on the pages) Cut a few pages - I did different lengths as I wanted the bottom ones to peek out. I used ordinary copy paper but you can do cardstock if you want to. Now fold the copy paper pages in half.


































Now stitch / staple / bind. I use paperclips to keep everything in place.


































Now ............................................ let the games begin!!! Embellish your mini with scraps / new stuff / pretties you've been hoarding ............................... just GO!! And this is what mine looks like:


































My caravan and car comes from a previous Silhouette cut and paste project, the rest are die cuts from scraps of paper and SURPRISE (drumroll!!!!) ............................ in my next post I'll share my Sewing Secrets. Check back - you will not believe that adding sewing to your photos / layouts / journaling could be so easy. BUT, that's for next time. If you are curious, see if you can figure it out from my Instagram feed.

And a sneak peak inside my PL mini book:


































And here I'll be adding info about the campsite:


































That's it!  I have to GO. People to see, things to DO, places to GO. Happy weekend to you all and I'll be back on Sunday with some pic's and my promised Secret Sewing post. In the meantime, have FUN and remember to try something new - TODAY!!









No comments:

Post a Comment