Thursday, April 18, 2013

April showers Bookmark

Good morning Bloglanders

We have the most beautiful late summer's day and I just want to be outside to enjoy it all!  I have some office work but I'm going to get that done NOW and then I'll be off to Sushi in the park for lunch and some time in my garden. But, first things first. We had a lot of rain yesterday - yes, it's getting winter in Sunny SA. Everything was grim, cold and wet and then I saw this challenge from The Twinery:


Now, I'm not a knitter but I have a stash of knitting needles that I inherited from both my grandmothers. So, out came the twine and the needles and this is what I came up with:
Yes, I'm still in bookmark mode and as I decided to make some for my Xmas gift stash, I think I'll be "on this page" for a while. (hie hie hie) The whole effort took less than an hour and suddenly the day wasn't that grim any more.  (Die from Clear and Simple stamps). Between you and me - I just love, love, love them.

And another pic:
And who wouldn't open a book if this lurks inside the pages?
This book was actually on my desk for another purpose. You still remember that I'm a winemaker??? Well, when I got the picture ready for this post, I saw that it is Vredendal's winery.  I grew up in Vredendal and my family still lives there.  Small world. Maybe the "Fly away" on my bookmark is symbolic!

That's it from me. Thanks for visiting my blog and please come back to play as I'll have some more crafting fun to share with you right here on Play as U Go.  I'm off - have a Terrific Tuesday!






4 comments:

  1. WOW...I'm always so impressed with people who can knit and crochet...it's just not in my bag of tricks. This is absolutely FABULOUS! Thanks for playing along with the Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so AWESOME! I love that you knitted a rainbow. So glad you shared it with us at The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a fabulous bookmark (love the rainbow) and wonderful idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what a great bookmark!! I can't believe you knitted the twine. What an amazing idea.

    ReplyDelete