Monday, April 15, 2013

Bookmark FUN

Hi there Bloglanders

I hope you had a marvellous weekend.  Once again, I had some time to do some extra crafting.  I'm working on my house - making curtains, organizing, purging and painting but do try to keep the creative juices flowing.  So, this is what I made:
I read a  lot and not only one book at a time. In front of my bed, I've got at least 4 books and I read as they take my fancy.  In between I have to keep bookmarks to remind me where I am. This is what I've done to make this bookmark:

I used spray on starch to stiffen a piece of  leftover lace trim.
Added some beads and it was done!

And my color inspiration came from: The Play Date Cafe (of course!)


I love the colors and now they will be the last I see every night before I go to sleep.  

Last year I worked on my Xmas pressie stash every month and it made a huge difference - when I got to 1st of  December all I had to do is wrap them. This year, I've been working on revamping my house and haven't been that effective.  All that is going to change right now!  I'll start out by converting all my leftover trim to bookmarks. This would be great gifts to neighbors, friends and teachers. What is an added bonus is that it's flat - easy to mail off to that special friend who needs some Xmas joy.

That's it from me. Please hop over to The Play Date Cafe to see what the rest of Blogland did with the same colors. Just click here to be redirected. Thanks for visiting my blog and please check back as I've got a lot more crafting fun to share. Have a Marvellous Monday!


1 comment:

  1. Super cute bookmark! Love the beads! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete