Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ring-a-ring-a-Rosie

Hi there Bloglanders

First of all I would like to thank all of you who have been visiting my blog.  Suddenly it has taken off and I'm having 10 times more hits!  Especially welcome to the Russians - for the past week you were the biggest part of my audience. I'm grateful to all of you that you take the time to check out what I'm up to - this makes it worth my while sharing what I do with Blogland.

Now for today's project:

A while ago I told you that I showed my friend's daughter how to make flowers out of leftover fabric or felt. Well, the ring was her favorite.  I've used the Die-namics Rolled Rose to die cut the felt, rolled it, added the beads and leaves and glued it to the blank ring.  Good old hot melt glue gun.  Even Alexa's little fingers did the rolling all by herself and even though I didn't want her to use the glue gun for fear of getting hurt, she uses it at home with a lot of confidence. Looking for the rocks on someone's road again!! IMPERFECT ME.

And the ring even fits my hand:

It would make great party favors and even decorations for presents.  I keep all left over fabric and felt and use it for stuff like this where I only need a tiny piece.  When I have time, I'm going to do some more die cuts and give it away as DIY gifts.  

Well, once again thanks for visiting my Blog. Please check back as I will have some more crafting fun to share right here.  Have a Wacky Wednesday!

   

1 comment: