I had a wonderful weekend. One son left for Canada, I'm "babysitting" his cat and the other one is moving to a nearby town. Busy, busy, busy.
And I've made sure that I have some crafting FUN as well. A cover for my journals!!
After seeing a video on YouTube, I decided to do my December Daily in a notebook format this year. BUT, I already have one in progress for my Thank-You-Journal on my desk. Getting a bit all over the show. So I decided to make a cover to keep everything together. I totally LOVE the Christmas Cat fabric!!
Wanna peek inside?
On the left is a pocket made with some more Christmassy fabric and on the right my DD. Not done yet but ready for action.
On the left is the back of my DD waiting to be decorated and on the right my nearly finished gratitude journal. If you missed out on all that fun, just scroll down to my previous post and read all about it.
And last but by no way least I have a brand new one that will become my summer vacation notebook. Remember, down under it's SUMMER and HOT!!
You will see all of them right here on Play as U GO again. Just keep checking back and all will be revealed.
And a bit of detail:
I've added 2 colourful buttons to the front of my cover - my inspiration came from the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge - Trio-Tastic and I even added 3 bookmarks. The trim and buttons all came from my sewing stash. Totally love seeing and using them all the time.
Wanna make one yourself?
1. To get the size, I stacked 3 journals and folded a piece of copy paper to fit over it.
2. I added about 1 inch to the length of the copy paper and my pattern is made.
3. Zig-zag some stiffing onto the back of iron-on-batting. I made it about half an inch smaller all around and even made a "spine" for my cover as it will become bulky when my journals fill up. For stiffing I've uses mosaic backing - I'm sure you will get something similar in your local fabric shop but this works very well and I use it in lots of sewing projects.
4. Fabric for my front cover ironed onto the batting.
5. Lining for my inside cover.
6. Pockets for the front and back flaps. I can add 2 more journals here should I need to.
7. Elastic to keep my journals from falling out.
8. To the front cover I've added the buttons and some more elastic to keep my journals from falling out and my memorabilia safe.
OK ...................................... I forgot to take a pic!! Just sandwich the front and backs together and pipe all around.
If you want more detail ............................. leave me a comment below and I'll gladly answer / give more info.
I totally love it!! Think I'll do some more in different sizes and even a few for very, very special Christmas pressies.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. Have a happy week and please come back to play. Remember to hop over to SimonSaysStamp's Monday Challenge to see the rest of Bloglands Trio-Tastics.