Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mini Book and Mini Layout

Hi there Bloglanders

It's Terrific Tuesday and I'm back to share some more crafting fun.  Today I have a mini book and a mini layout  that I've whipped up in no time.  I find that using "home made" notebooks brings a smile to my face and I love giving them away as pressies as well.  First one up is my mini book with a photo and it's for MME's April fool's challenge.  Hope that there IS a challenge otherwise I'd be the fool. Anyway, I'll still have my notebook and that's enough for me.

I've told you before about this picture that my friend Marelize took on a camping trip. It perfectly describes my marriage. Wynand never knows what to expect.  Good thing or bad??? Don't know but it works for us. Here it is:

We work together and this will be my official office notebook.  Maybe I should rename myself  - UNEXPECTED IMPERFECT ME.

And I made another one for the MME layout challenge.  With Project Life, my layouts are a lot less. I still do layouts because I love them but I find that I'm doing smaller versions.  If I only have 1 picture, I'll size the layout to 6x4 or 6x6 and include it in my PL album. You need much less paper and it's a quicky. Love it.  This is what I did - I'll add the picture once I get time to go to the printers.



For my non South African Bloglanders - the title is "Onthou die Datum" - it is like "Save the Date" in Afrikaans. I plan to add a little journaling tag behind the paper squares as I don't want to spoil the serenity of my layout with my IMPERFECT handwriting.



And the sketch:


I love the flower lace that I've added.  It just gives dimension and a girly twist to the layout. It will be perfect for my picture of  Pieter and his Princess. I suppose at this stage you can guess what the journaling would be about??? That's what I like about being an hybrid scrapper - I've used leftover paper from my scrap stash, lace from a sewing project and the staples are ex the office. No cost at all - just reuse, recycle and repurpose in my PERFECT world.

Please hop over to the MME blog to leave some comments. Just click here to be redirected.

That's it from me for today. Thanks for visiting my blog and please come back to pay as I've got a lot more crafting fun to share right here.



No comments:

Post a Comment