Saturday, April 6, 2013

Funky Flower Napkin Rings

Hi there Bloglanders

Normally, I don't blog over the weekend - this is my time to spend at home with family and friends and yes!  I try to give my virtual friends some space to do the same.  BUT, I made these and couldn't wait until Monday to share:


I had a friend's 8 year old daughter over on Friday afternoon to do some crafting and I helped her to make  flowers out of leftover felt and fabric. She really enjoyed these and will be using them over the next few weeks on pressies for her girlfriends.

And this is how it's made:



1. Cut different sized circles out of organza and tulle. (You wouldn't believe how many an 8 year old can cut in an hour!!.)
2. Scorch the edges. (Please note! I did this for the 8 year old.)
3. Stack the layers.
4. Stitch together and add beads to the center.
5. Ta da!  Easy Peasy.

I used my flowers to make napkin holders.  To the back I've added brooch pins which means that these will be my party favors for each guest to take home.  I think it will be a great way to remember a wonderful evening. Here they are:

And for color inspiration?  Of course! The Play Date Cafe:


Not the colors I would normally use together but I love how it looks with my green leaf plates.  Mission accomplished! 

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please come back to play as I'll be here sharing more crafting fun. Enjoy your weekend!





1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! Love that your little one got so excited to make them :-) Thanks for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete