Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Layout day!

Hi there Bloglanders

I have so many crafting products lined up to share that I start to forget about some!  Today I'm sharing a layout that I made for a challenge that Scrap It Girl had last month. I made mine a while ago, took the pictures, got it blog ready, filed the original away in my album and then forgot all about it.  Now the challenge is done, the winner was announced and I'm still the proud owner of a memory preserved for years to come.

After all, it is not about the challenge, it is about trying out something new, thinking out of the box, using what you've got and getting it done.  Most important - getting it done!!

For this challenge the recipe was: 1 stamp, 2 die cuts and 3 papers and this is what I came up with:


I loved the calm and serene feeling of these papers and pictures and didn't want to clutter the layout.  So I added a mini book with the rest of the pictures.  On the right you can see how it opens up and on the left it is closed in a vellum pocket sewn onto my layout. For the mini book I used paper that I recycled from the inside of gift wrap rolls.  It works very well and I love the natural color.

And a close-up:


And I couldn't resist a picture of the butterflies - 1 stamp and 2 die cuts:


The paper that I've use is mostly from Kaiser Kraft's Pickled Pear Collection and I even used the strip at the bottom of the cardstock because I just loved the little pears and butterflies on it. The stamp and die is from Papertrey Inc. (I think it is the Love Lives Here collection)

That's it!  Thanks for visiting my blog and please check back as I'll be sharing a sewing cum storage project tomorrow. DIY and use what you've got at it's very best. Have a Wacky Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment