Thursday, November 19, 2015

"Making Time"

Hello Bloglanders

I hope you are having a wonderful time!! It's summer down under in Sunny SA and beautiful outside. You just want to soak up the sun, swim, eat salads, barbecue and drink good West Coast Sauvignon Blanc. But for all that you need time ...................................... this week in The Creative Life Documented Amy and Jamie focused on saving time while scrapping. Perfect!! Here we go:


































I keep a monthly journal where I record what is currently happening in my life. For this I only allow myself to use stamps and diecuts from my stash. I keep to the same topics as well - Home; My Family; Creativity; Work and Furry friends. I also like to add what I currently enjoy to cook / eat. Can you match my categories with my stamps / die cuts?

Home:


My Family:

Furry Friends:


Recipes work for me!! I keep a tin with my favorite stamps on my craft desk. My husband cut some perspex squares from left overs from architect son's projects and I mount them "permanently" - ready to go 24/7. I will take a pic and share my "jewellery" tin with you. I don't even know from which sets they are but I use them SO much that it doesn't really matter.


For my die cuts - it's NOT easy to get stuff down under in Sunny SA. My solution - I buy digital element packs and convert them to cut files for my Silhouette. Ever done that??? Maybe you don't need to as you can buy everything from your local shops but I still think it's worth my while. For this layout I used some of  Amy Tangerine's Finders Keepers range. I will show you exactly how I did it in another post. Very easy if you know how to. Check back and all will be revealed!


Next month my page will NOT look the same BUT I'll use the same stamps and maybe diecuts from another source / maybe I'll get my hands on a ready-made one that takes my fancy. The main thing is that it saves me heaps of time to do what I love - spending time @ home with my family, friends and crafting.

Another thing that I'm using more and more to save time is my iPhone.  Another story, another day. But, here you can see the collage that I've made from a recent camping trip. My title came from the letterhead - no need for stamps / stickers. Done in a few clicks while waiting in a que to renew a licence.

Thanks for looking at my blog today. I hope you have enjoyed my "time saving" tips. I'm off to the pool with a book and a glass of wine. Have a GREAT day!






No comments:

Post a Comment