Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Creative Life

Good Tuesday Bloglanders

I've been in a bit of a "No Moyo" rut for the past few months BUT all and all I think I' m doing fine - mentally and physically. I REALLY didn't expect it - with my mum being so sick and taking up so much of my free time.

I lost about 20 kilos, not because of my mother's sickness but because it was long overdue and time for me to get my life back on track, I've been sorting and purging throughout my home for the whole year. It's not nearly done, but I'm still at it. It's as if a HUGE weight has been lifted off my!!




The only thing lacking was creativity. Maybe it's due to the lack of time ......................... don't know. SO, last week I enrolled in Amy Tangerine's online class, The Creative Life Documented. The first chapter focused on "not feeling creative" and it got me working an a whole lot of new projects and ideas.

Yesterday I finished 4 pages of my Travel Journal. I do keep one as we travel a lot and I can't remember all the places, names and stats. We spent the previous weekend in Robertson - it was SO good and I wanted to capture the moments ASAP. After finishing the first lesson of TCLD, I couldn't wait to get going.













In this project I covered about 4 items from the homework list of  Lesson 1. I used ordinary gift wrap as inspiration for my colour scheme and then decided that I'm just using the wrapping paper on my layout as well - no searching for stash!!

Ordinary Inspiration for Extraordinary Projects:

Today I'm making a Scrapbook Layout and a Project Life spread using the same inspiration and supplies. Yes, everything is out - I can just as well enjoy my burst of creative energy. Check back and all will be revealed. Also, you don't want to miss out on the wonderful handmade gifts I received from my Robertson friend. Want a peek? 

If you want to see more, visit my Instagram feed. I've already uploaded pictures for you to see.  There is link in the sidebar of my blog as well.

That's it, I'm going for a walk in the park. We are having glorious days down under in Sunny SA. I think we will have breakfast outside on my "stoep" and grilled lamb chops right off the barbecue for dinner. Life is GREAT!!




No comments:

Post a Comment