Sunday, June 19, 2016

Out of Africa Travel Journal part 2

Happy Sunday everyone!!

I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day. We had. Both the boys and our daughter-in-law came home for the weekend and we loved having them around.

After everyone left and all the dishes were in the washer, I had some time to finish my second "Out of Africa" Travel Journal page.




























Once again I used the Africa stamp from Studio Calico, a collage picture and some bits and bobs from my stash. While at it, I made some more of my magic mini alphas which I do with my Silhouette. More about that later this week.

As South Africa is SO far from everything, we do travel a lot. Not only locally but all over the world. I do have a "local" as well as an international bucket list. On my local one is to visit all Sunny South Africa's national parks and as my husband is a HUGE camper, my dreams may come true sooner than later. My travel journal keeps track of all that.

Let's do some close-ups:


Sunny South Africa marked with a puffy star.






































We have a green caravan called MOTTY (short for MOTLAPPER - my son did not know the difference between a moth and a butterfly so he combined the words in Afrikaans and called the all Motlappers MOT = MOTH; SKOENLAPPER = BUTTERFLY) See, now you can speak Afrikaans as well!! Whenever I do a camping page in my Travel Journal or Project Life album, I add one of these diecuts. You will see lots of them on my projects.






































One of the lions we saw and more of my Magic Mini Alphas.






































And a camera die cut and "Ek heart dit = I love it" to finish my page.

There you have it!! My second "Out of Africa" Travel Journal page. Hop over to the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge to see where the rest of Blogland travelled this week. The challenge this week is WORLD TRAVELER.

Have FUN and thanks for looking at my bloggie today.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful adventures you are having! I love your journal and the huge stamp of Africa is wonderful opposite the photo layout, Hazel! Have fun doing your travel bucket list and journaling it! Happy you joined us in our Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete