Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Best Friends Forever

Hi there Bloglanders

I hope you didn't miss me yesterday - I thought you would enjoy another day looking at my Birdie Brooch and the MME wishlist layout.  In the meantime I went to visit my oldest friend, Anel (the friendship, not the friend) who lives in Robertson.  For my non South African Bloglanders - Robertson is a bit more than an hour's drive from Stellenbosch where I live and about the same distance from Cape Town.

My husband and I went there, spent a wonderful evening with the family - drinking wine, sitting outside in the beautiful summer weather and eating wonderful food. We even decided to open our gifts even though her birthday is only the 19th and Christmas is still a week away.

Remember I showed you how I packed the goodies?  Now I can reveal what was inside:


A mini bag for her camera, a huge chock chip cookie and some white drinking chocolate, a heart shaped stamp, a heart shaped mini book, a #1 best friend medallion, tags, washi tape, DIY flowers, a notebook for grocery lists and my "Dankie vir 365 dinge" mini book (a Gratitude journal of sorts).

In the end I added a Brooch Birdie (yes! made another one):


This is how I packed all the individually wrapped pressies for Anel's birthday:


And the Christmas presents for the rest of the family:


Same idea, just stars and Xmas wrapping paper.  If you missed my post on how I did it, just click here for the inside info.

BUT!!! Look what I got!


The roses are real farm roses from her garden, the pin cushion and angel were handmade by Anel and a friend of hers. It is out of this world!  It will become CHERISHED possessions in my home.  I am so inspired - going to start on angels for my Xmas tree right now. Of course, I'm not going to copy hers - it is one of a kind and another thing, the angel's dress is knitted and IMPERFECT ME can't knit!

If you want to know what IMPERFECT ME came up with, please check back here as I'll be sharing.  Have a great Tuesday and please come back to play.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment