Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Binding Brochures into Travel Journal

Hi there Bloglanders

As promised - pictures of how I added brochures to my Travel Mini Journal.  I love to collect them as they have all the info I need but when you cut them apart you loose half of it.  So I came up with a plan!


First of all I punched 3 holes through my finished book with my Crop-O-Dile. If you look at the bottom right pic, you can see what I mean. The top left pic shows the whole brochure. Top right I folded all the pages in half to fit my book and punched 3 holes into it as well. Some binding with twine from The Twinery and everything stays in place.


Top right you can see how I did one that has to be off centre to fit my journaling.  For my Project Life album, I opened up my book to fit into a 12x12 Becky Higgins storage envelope.  I also added a map that I want to keep.  The book is quite bulky and this flattens it out for easier storage.  It also makes it much nicer to look at.  The little jounaling box included in the envelope still has to altered.  I plan to make a mini layout for it with some bright and cheerful pictures and titles. The envelope will be inserted between PL pages filled with holiday pic's.

What I love about this is that everything stays together and in the same format.  I've been struggling to get this sorted for the past few years and finally feel that I've knacked  it.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and please check back as I have lots more of crafting fun to share with you.  Have a Wacky Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. travelbrochures.org can also one website which is good just have a look and share your experience.

    ReplyDelete