I'm still into the 8 Black Bridesmaid dresses. Not funny any more. I do struggle to see on the black in the evening so I decided to do some other sewing in between. Just to keep me going.
The cushions we use around the pool were in a pretty bad shape. I think they started out as hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law. She loves brown, orange and neutrals. I don't. So off came the hideous orange covers BUT I did not want to buy 16 meters of fabric - too expensive with all the reno going on.
Plan B. I went through my scrap stash and selected all the blue, cream and brownish leftovers. Most of these were used for Roman blinds all around the house and beach house. Therefore the fabric is rather sturdy and perfect for covering cushions. Also, it's washable. Very important in HQ Hamman.
And here they are:
I've added Velcro to one whole side of the cushion. See the one 3rd from the bottom that I've turned around. This makes it much easier to get the cover off to wash. Also, it makes sewing them easier. You do 2 side pieces and a middle section. Sew it all together and turn it out through the Velcro opening. As easy as that. Maybe, some day I'll do a tutorial on this .......................................
What I love about these is that every cushion reminds me of another sewing project. Also, I've used a lot of scraps that would have taken up valuable storage space or had to be purged.
That's it from me for today. Have a Happy Day and thanks for visiting my Blog today.