Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Hello Bloglanders

I was looking through my blog posts to see what I've done for Father's Day over the past few years and I couldn't believe it's 2 years ago that I did this little card / mini book for my dad. We really do not make a big fuss about any occasion but mostly just something that shows our appreciation.  This is my 2014 Father's Day project:











I used the free Silhouette file that you can grab here, added pictures of my boys and girls, did a "print and cut" on printable magnetic sheet and it's done. (Remember, the file is only free this week!!) And this is what I did with it:






















It actually looks like this:






















It's going to be used as a picnic basket!!! And I'll use different magnetic die cuts for every occasion. This one will be my Father's day version. I love picnic food and as we have beautiful weather 90% of the time down under in Sunny SA, I put everything in a basket and we spend hours outside on the porch drinking great wine and eating good food. When we do a road trip I also pack picnic food. I think I'll do a magnetic die for the picnic box every time we go somewhere.  It would look great with all the names, occasions and signage. Keep looking back and you will meet my red picnic box again.

I also wanted to share with you the jam roll that I've baked but as my post is getting a bit long, I'll just share a picture and will tell the story in my next post.  I'm NOT the world's best cake baker but have been baking this since I was 10 years old.  Wynand loves it so I bake one for him every year on Father's Day to say thanks for being a great dad to my beautiful boys. Here is the 2014 version:






















I'll tell the story and share the recipe in my next post. It is SUPER easy to make. Until then, thanks for looking at my blog. For those of you who have missed some of my earlier Father's Day projects, I'll add links to the bottom of my post and you can check them out.

Have a wonderful day.








Father's day mini mini book


Father's Day 2011


Cover for Father's Day mini book


Mini gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment