Thursday, June 5, 2014

Use what you've got!!

Hello Bloglanders

It's very, very cold down under in Sunny SA.  We don't get snow - at least only on the very highest of mountains BUT currently it's COLD.  My hands (and brain) seems to be frozen, my house is a mess and we are going nowhere slowly to say the least!

SO, I decided to keep busy. Out came my good old Cuttlebug and some dies. The ones in the picture is from Amy Tangerine's Plus One range and the small ones are from MFT.  And no ordinary paper for me this time round ............................................


Cork, wood veneer, corrugated carton and craft foam. And now I have this:


Everything went according to plan except for the cork that tore quite easily especially with the camera shape. Solution: I added adhesive backing from Sizzix before cutting. Worked like a charm and now I have self adhesive embellishments - ready to go! And I couldn't wait to try them out on a Project Life layout:


And some cards:
I do love the black craft foam best, don't you? Left top I have red corrugated carton and black craft foam. Bottom left - cork and red corrugated carton. Top right is the cherry wood veneer and the bottom one the black craft foam again. I didn't add sentiments as I use these cards for greetings but also as part of PL. When I want to mail one off, I just mount it and add a sentiment. I do keep a box of pre cut cards ready to e use when needed.

This was SO worth my while.  Since I got my Silhouette, I didn't utilize my Cuttlebug at all but I still love it and it's great to use up scraps.

That's it!! I'm off to have a warm cup of coffee.  Think I'll look through my die stash and keep cutting while everything is out. 

Thanks for looking at my blog today. I'll be back. Have fun and remember to try something new today.

Ps. For those of you wondering - I liked the OXOX more than XOXO so I kept it like that - IMPERFECT ME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment