Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Summary Week 30

Good evening Bloglanders

Without further ado, as promised my Sunday Summary for the past week. It's still very, very busy at Hamman HQ. We had Pieter's birthday yesterday and Wynand's is next week. Lots of  love, laughter and fun.

Currently we are having very, very wintery weather down under in Sunny SA with lots of rain, sunny days but COLD nights.  Just what I needed to warm me up - a new challenge from SimonSaysStamp - A mid summer's challenge.  We already had half our summer BUT the second half will be here in no time so I started on my summer bucket list. Or rather, my bucket bin (OK, TIN):

I printed some journaling cards, filler cards and fun titles from the Becky Higgins Hi Sunshine kit. Just love the fun, summery colors and the titles - it's like a bucket list without thinking them up for yourself!!

Everything went into a tin that I got from Monika' Wright's Etsy shop. And then I decorated the front with some scraps, a filler card and "2014" cut from yellow glitter foam.

One of the big advantages of living in Sunny SA - you get two summers!

And a peek inside:
I'm not going to bind the cards into a mini book as I would most probably include my list with the activities as we finish them in my Project Life album. 

Another project - some painting with acrylics, stencyl, die cuts from Wilna Furstenberg and DIY glitter foam letters. 


I'm doing a post about this project later this week so keep checking back. Love how it turned out!!


I did a layout, a Multimedia page, some cards and have enough scraps left to do a double page Project Life spread. 


I'm a bit new to ink splatters and curled pages but it's growing on me.  You will definitely see more of this right here on Play as U Go.




Big news at home is that we are looking for a house to buy for Pieter who is getting married in less than a month. 

Lucky for me, they are staying in Stellenbosch and will therefore still be within 10 minutes drive from me. Here is the one we wanted but was unfortunately sold just the day before we decided to make an offer.





And ................................. some time ago Wynand asked me to do some vinyl art for his truck with my Silhouette. I didn't think he was serious but he kept at it. Last week he finally got the wolf for his truck and warthogs for the camping trailer. Great project and he's SO chuffed. Our neighbor came over tonight to ask that I do one for him as well!!



I think the reflection in the Wolf one looks spooky, don't you?? Just what Wynand wanted.

Last but not the least. Even though it's very, very cold, our garden is beautiful. And here is the evidence:

When we bought our current home this plant was dry, neglected and nearly dead but Wynand nursed it back to life and now it's one of my favorites. I really love my house and garden.















That's it. Another Week done and dusted.  This week I will have to finish up the 8 black bridesmaid dresses and get some office admin done but I've already got some projects lined up for you. Please check back as all will be revealed right here on Play as U Go. Until we meet again .............................. have fun, craft on and remember to TRY SOMETHING NEW.






1 comment:

  1. So lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) – Ashli

    ReplyDelete