Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Baby Boom

Good morning Bloglanders

Happy 1st of July to U all!! We are having beautiful weather down under in Sunny SA and I just want to be outside on my porch / walking in the park or working in the garden.Wernich is home from university for a short holiday - it will be his last before graduating with his masters degree in Architecture. I'm relieved ........... it's been two long years for me, his girlfriend and his dogs.

It's BUSY @ Hamman HQ!! But, I did get time to finish off the Baby Boom pressies that I've started last week.  As I keep all my scraps of fabric, I decided to use all my white / cream offcuts for customized canvas bags.

We always try to give something for the baby and should there be older siblings - an extra pressie for them. Most of them actually enjoy the pressie more than the baby.

I make the bags according to this tutorial from the Sewin Asylum - easiest that I've stumbled upon. Then I customize it with my Silhouette and heat transfer - the sky's the limit. And here you can see what it looks like once packed with my goodies:


I did a LOT. This is my Baby Boy stash:


And a peek inside the bags:


My handmade emergency bag, a mini brag album for the new mum, a toy and a babygro. I love a bag full of goodies.

In one project I've done some handmade gifts, recycled leftovers and saved a lot on packaging material. Good enough for IMPERFECT ME.

About half has been delivered to their little bosses and the rest will go later this week. Currently, I'm working on a few more to keep on hand for emergencies. I've also taken out my smocking needles to sew a few original baby outfits.  I will keep you posted on my progress.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for looking at my blog today.
PS. Remember to try something new today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment