Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Christmas wreath

Hi there Bloglanders

Didn't think you would hear from me?  Well, I made this great Christmas wreath and it's hanging on my "stoep" (a la porch)  where we live and entertain this time of the year.  Yeah, lots of sunshine in sunny SA!

Have a look!

In the back you can see the vines above my stoep but for those of you who want to see what I've done:


About 100 shapes, beads, bells and lots of ribbon. The wreath was recycled from many, many moons ago - just a lick of white paint.

I have used the following Spellbinders dies:
   Classic Heart
   Stars
   Sweet Folk Art - the angel, the tree and the stocking (perfect size for my project)

Most of the shapes were cut out of left over fabric, machine stitched around the edges, stuffed a bit and then onto fishing line.  As they were a bit bland, I also did some felt die cuts (Spellbinders dies again).

For the angel I did the body in fabric, added a button for a face and some pot scrouchers for hair.  Here is a pic - sorry for the quality but I really didn't have the time to re-do as my wreath is up and happily dangling in the wind on my porch..


For the wings I used gold tulle sandwiched between 2 sheets of transparency.  I used self adhesive sheets (Sizzex) to keep everything together. My good old hot melt glue gun secured the wings to the fabric body. Easy Peasy.

The snowflakes were cut from heavy duty craft foil - 2 glued together back to back to enable me to insert the line between them.

I have also done some hand stitching - when all the big moments have passed, I'll show more.

And another pic:


I'm really impressed with my effort and I've only re-used, recycled and re-purposed. Love it when a plan comes together.

Well, that's it from me.  I have a busy day tomorrow but will be showing my DD on Friday - you would not believe what I've done - 30 days fitted onto 2 scrapbook pages!  Don't miss this one!

Enjoy the last few days of 2012 and please come back to play.




No comments:

Post a Comment