Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Summary Week 29

Hello Bloglanders

And I'm back with a summery of my week. Still busy, busy, busy @ HQ Hamman.  First up - I did get some time to make a few cards.  My inspiration came from the SimonSaysStamp blog. The Monday challenge is "About a face". Now, I'm not big on cards or faces but decided to try it out and get some pressies made for my Xmas stash.






















I've had this cameo embossing folder in my stash FOREVER but have never used it. In my quest for "waste not, want not", I decided to go through my stash and see what I can come up with for the challenge without buying anything. Actually, I found more than these to fit the bill. And a close-up:


Now for the upcoming wedding.  Finally, I'm at 7/8 of the bridesmaid dresses. Bridesmaid #8 is in Hawaii and will only be back in Sunny SA a week before the wedding - that one will therefore have to wait.


The girls do look great in their custom made gowns but I'm rather tired of black and still has to do something for the "mother of the groom" to wear. I did get an idea from my friend Pinterest:



I have enough fabric left over from the bridesmaid dresses to make this. Waste not, want not!! Of course I'll have to omit the white trim as only black is allowed in the winter wonderland wedding. Watch this space and I'll share my effort.

And this will become the name tags:


When our trees were cut back, we kept a few branches and Wynand sawed this into disks. Perfect for name tags. I have done some before and it looks like this:


I used these as table decor and afterwards added self adhesive magnet paper left over from other DIY projects and now they are fridge magnets!! Love them!!

I'm still in paint mood and while everything is out on my craft desk, I did a "spots and dots" page. 


You will see this one again - just keep checking back!!

Last but by no means least:


I did try something new!! To fillet a fish.  OK, please don't try your skills on baby hake like I did but still, it worked out wonderfully.  Wynand and I had a WONDERFUL fish and chips meal outside @ the pool. Love. love, love.

What more could you expect of an ordinary week. Food. Family. Occasions. Craft?? I love my life.

Thanks for looking at my blog. I'll be back to share some more crafting fun right here.

Have a wonderful week.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! Love the elegant images and fancy florals! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete