Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Whimsy Dimensional Butterflies

Hello Bloglanders

Last week I promised to show the dimensional embellishments I made from my scraps but never got round to blogging about it.  At the bottom of my post I will explain how my scrap stash works (for those of you you want the inside info).  Important thing is that I keep all pieces smaller than 3x4 in a plastic tub, die cut it into shapes (good old Bug) and use them for dimensional embellishments, cards, on presents, tags, layouts or my PL pages.

Here is a card made with one of my butterfly embellishments:


My inspiration came from the Simon Wednesday Challenge, "Let's be clear".  Can you see the vellum wings and the sparkly beads??

I love to give them "beady bodies". Now, I'm not a "beader" but I do a lot of sewing and other crafts. All the leftover beads go into a mason jar and gets recycled into butterfly bodies or embellishments on sewing / craft projects. I took pictures to show exactly how I make my beady butterfly bodies:




And, the family:


Normally, I keep all my embellishments in a plastic tub and add them to projects when needed. Mostly, I use flowers / butterflies / stars and hearts so these are the ones I make. I shared how I do my scrap flowers here. And this is what they look like when used on gifts:


Last but not least - my card for a "welcome to our neighborhood" pressie:


Tomorrow I'll be back with another "beady butterfly" - you'll never believe the twist in this story!! Thanks for looking at my blog today. See you tomorrow.







Inside Info: My scrap stash works like this: 12x12 in separate holders one for each colour - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black & white, naturals. Same with printed cardstock. I do have one extra - various colours. I do keep my fave brands together in collections and kits stays together until I've done a layout, a double page PL spread and a multimedia project.

I sort all leftovers to sizes A4, A5, 6x4, 3x4 and 4x4 into plastic tubs (tub for each size). I arrange the paper by colour - once again - red to naturals but I keep them all together by size.

OK, I'll take pics when I work with the tubs again ........................................ what I actually wanted to show today is that anything smaller than 3x4 goes into a box, gets die cut, packed in a cupcake tin.




1 comment:

  1. Ohh!! what a beautiful butterfly Hazel.......a lovely design and colour scheme, I love the layers - pretty papers and gorgeous addition of pearls!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete