Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Summary Week 37

Happy Sunday Bloglanders

And I'm back to report on all the activities at HQ Hamman.

My mum is coming to visit and Wernich is flying home for the weekend. Oh, I love having both the boys nearby. Can't wait for 15 November when he will be finished with is Masters degree in Architecture and return home permanently.

I'm still working on the metric farewell dresses and this past week I did try something new - an invisible zip!!! I used this tutorial and it works very well. If you want a hard copy, use this one.

And it should look like this once done - INVISIBLE!!



                                                                          LINK

I can't take out too many craft items while I have all these sewing on my desk as I have limited space in my Craft Closet and it scares me to think that a drop of paint or glue might land on my sewing project. BUT, I did get a bit of time to make some tags. YES, all done on the kitchen sink!!!

I used food colouring and watercolour paper. Remember the mini tags I  mass produce to keep on hand??? The initial idea was the same.

I use all my scraps and practice my stamping and die cutting on them!!!  Here is the original post.

And my food colour died ones:


I just mixed red food colouring with water and started dipping the tags. No right or wrong here.

I've got new neighbours and wanted to give something to the kiddies. I bought beautiful cupcakes and they came packed in these gorgeous boxes -  just had to add the tag.


My inspiration came from SimonSaysStamp - "Make your own Background". I do this a lot for layouts and Multi Media pages but I did want to give it a go on tags. Another "try something new" for me!

And I made some plans for Halloween treats.  This year, I'm going to make the bats that I found on Pinterest.


I'll add my own twist to it - they are going to be TINY (not more than 2 inches) for mini Chocolate bars and to save on time (and work space in the CC) - I'm going to cut them with my Silhouette. I will show once it has been done.

In the meantime, I made a collage of some of my past Halloween treats.  Even though we don't celebrate this holiday down under in Sunny SA, I just can't help joining in the fun. Love the black and orange.

                          LINK                                     LINK                                              LINK

It's Sunday and a beautiful spring day. I'm off to spend some time outside in my garden. Think I'll take my notebook with and start planning my new bedroom's blinds.  It's FINALLY finished and we will be moving once the blinds are up. Busy, busy week ahead @ HQ Hamman.

Thanks for looking at my blog today and have a WONDERFUL week. Remember - try something new - TODAY!





1 comment:

  1. oh wow! look at all these fabulous creations!! i LOVE the magenta watercolored tags- so beautiful :) Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete