Monday, September 29, 2014

Sunday Summary Week 39

Happy Monday Bloglanders!!

Yes, I know I'm doing my Sunday Summary on Monday by yes - I'm IMPERFECT!!! No, the reason is that I spent most of last week sewing on Cara's metric dance dress and she only got to wear it today. I did not want to risk anyone seeing the dress before she wore it,

And here is the WIP pics:


























How's that for an invisible zip?? It turned out beautifully and it's very, very vintage, Love it.

Right now I'm busy with dress #15 of 2014 and I still have 5 more to go before the end of the year, BUT, first my machines are going for a service, I'm having my eyes tested (10/15 were black dresses), my scissors have to be sharpened and I'm going to get all the different threads out of my carpets,

I did start a new online course with Big Picture Classes -. Art & Design from Wilna Frustenberg, Love  her stuff.

First week and we did grids, And what a huge amount of free cut files and printables you get for free when you enrol. I used one of the free grid cut files, cut it with my Silhouette and used the cut-out as a stencil. Here you go:






































I used acrylic paints to do the blocks and then stamped away with the stamps in my stash, The die cuts are from Wilna as well,

And I did a layout as well - some more Wilna cut files:






































I even made my own title. Used a Koki to write the words in Afrikaans, scanned, "trace and lift" with Silhouette and there it is.  I think I'll share the cut file with my fellow South Africans later this week as Afrikaans titles are hard to come by. And YES, I did use food colouring to colour the background. Like the tags here.

Back to Braai Day, This is what we had for lunch:






































Lamb (from my father's farm), chicken wings (my fave), "boerewors", salad, onion rings and sweetcorn fritters. Perfect for a sunny spring day in sunny SA.

That's it. I'll be back to share some more crafting fun right here. In the meantime, thanks for looking at my blog today and remember to try something new,





Hazel


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Hazel, the dress is amazing. I love your card and layout too they are both so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete