Monday, January 30, 2012

Playtime

Hi there all bloglanders

Today I wanted to take pictures and now we don't have any sunshine!  Not that its cold - very humid but compared to yesterday, a beautiful day.

Last week I received goodies that I’ve ordered from Papertrey Ink and wanted to play with straight away but had to finish some urgent sewing first.  (I will show you the smocked dress I made in another post) So, today I unpacked my toys and what a wonderful playmate Papertrey Ink is - she can come over to play at any time!


I used the “love lives here” collection. Actually, I bought it for the little house with the heart in the middle but in the end I totally fell in love with the butterfly.  I’m not really into cards and rather make tags but then I decided that it’s silly – if you can make tags, you can make cards. I do use a lot of tags so it’s always nice to have some new ones in my stash.  Also, I used an A5 PVC business card holder in my 2012 Junk journal and they fit perfectly into the slots. I’m adding some personal journaling to them and intend keeping one of each in my folder.

I tried my hand at stamping as well. Normally I don’t do that either but its getting fun once you get over the nervousness. I used Jenni Bowlin’s ink pads and intend to keep adding to my collection until I have every color. Just love them.

My toys cost 36 dollars (about R300 South African rand) and that’s a lot of money to me but to see it in perspective – a shop bought card cost about R30. I have to make 10 cards to pay back my toys and in about an hour’s time I’ve made about 15. Also, I have only used 2 dies and 2 stamps, the rest will be used on a future play date. The paper is scraps and old envelopes that I’ve cut up.

That’s it for today. Tomorrow I will show you my 2011 “date night” mixed media journal.

Love and sunshine from Sunny South Africa.
Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment