Friday, June 7, 2013

More than a Thank You Note

Good Morning Bloglanders

Yesterday was a beautiful day in Sunny SA and I just couldn't get myself to sit down in the office to write a blog post. So sorry about that but it was worth every minute of it!  Today will be as good (if not better) and I'm planning to go out there and plant some bulbs for my spring garden.

For some time I've been thinking of something to make to mail to Blogland friends over the world. Some people just go the extra mile to help you out even though you've never met personally.  I do make a habit of thanking people when they do me a favor.  So, I decided to make little covered notebooks. I bought small, ring bound, office notebooks and covered them with scraps of  fabric from my stash.  To the front I've also added "THANX" cut out with my alphabet dies and ironed on. Some hand stitching and it is ready to be mailed off.  It fits into a standard envelope so an added bonus is that I'll save on postage.

This is the first one off the production line:

And the inside flaps:

I've used stamps from my stash and an ordinary laundry marker to put my name and date on the inside back page. There are a lot more of these notebooks and I will be showing them to you when I get to the pics. Also, I'm planning to add some original, South African packaging - of course I'll share - right here! The idea is that every book looks different - sort of a "once off" that will show the recipients that I really appreciate what they have done. Finally, I'm satisfied with my "Thank You" gift idea!

That's it from me - I'm off to the garden and if I have some time left, I'll head to the post office to mail off my first batch of "Thank You Books". Thanks for visiting my blog and please come back to play as I have lots more to share with you. Have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment