Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Mini Cake Boxes

Hello Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Thunderous Thursday. It's cold and rainy down under in Sunny SA and I'm still trying to get my house sorted after Pieter's wedding.  Can you believe it - I have used more than 20 kilometres (don't know the miles) of thread for the bridesmaid dresses and napkins!!!

But, I did get some time to try something new. As I wanted to surprise a few friends with some wedding cake, I came up with the idea of making mini cake boxes.

First, a pic of the wedding cake:


And my mini cake boxes ready for delivery:


































And a close-up:


































Want to peek inside?


















I used sheets of cardstock that I received in a kit and didn't like as as it was TOO" busy".  Cutting it up made it look oriental and much more toned down.  Just goes to show - it was in my purge pile but in the end I could use it and make something beautiful.

I used a cut file from the Silhouette store, deleted the pieces I didn't need and sized the shape down to 95% to fit two boxes on a 12 x 12 sheet. Want to try it yourself?  This is the file I've used:

This would make the perfect packaging for mini pizzas, maxi cookies or even a little combo of goodies.  I think I'm going to try it for some mini Christmas boxes.

That's it!! It's nice to be back at my craft desk.  Thanks for visiting my blog today and please check back as I have lots more to share.

Remember to try something new and have fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment