Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Summary Week 32 and 33

Hi there Bloglanders

I'm still trying to do 100 things all at once and since I was in hospital for a week to have my appendix removed, I really have to fast forward to get everything done in time for THE WEDDING next weekend. First, for the record - me in hospital:


It was totally awful but the hospital, doctors and staff were excellent and I feel SO much better.  Actually, I feel GREAT and had a very creative, crafty and productive week since getting back at home on Monday.

Finished 100 X customized napkins for the wedding:


They still have to be ironed and folded but that's not my job - one of the bridesmaid's going to see to that. While reporting on the wedding progress - bridesmaid #8/8 arrived from Hawaii yesterday. I'll finish her dress on Tuesday as I'm taking tomorrow off to go to Kirstenbosch with Wynand - it's my BIG birthday!!

Today, we had lunch with friends and they surprised me with this:


A massive bunch of purple and black polka dot balloons.  I'm not easily impressed but this one was so over the top gorgeous and unexpected that I love. love. love it. Thanks girls!! (and boys, of course). All the men dressed up with bow ties - so silly but I still loved it as it's so NOT them. Remember, Wynand and his gang is more the Happy Camper type.

I did clean up my craft desk during the week and made tags from the offcuts left from my Multi Media pages.  It's always good to have a stash of tags on hand.


The Simon Says Stamp inspiration for Monday is "scratched up". I don't own distress inks so I just distressed my edges by putting masking tape down and then ripping it off exposing the white, textured watercolor paper underneath. Love it!!

Missed this Multi Media project?  Click here to read all about it and find my product list.

And I spied something while walking through the streets of Stellenbosch ................................ our town council had huge wooden planters placed all around town and they planted it with veggies!!  What a great idea.  Think about it - useful and beautiful.


As we don't have good soil at home, I think I'm going to copy this idea for my own veggie cum herb garden.

That's it, next Sunday will all be about THE WEDDING. Thanks for looking at my blog today and please come back to play. Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. Love your beautiful creation. The flowers are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete