Friday, November 7, 2014

Scrap Fabric Covered Notebooks

Hello Bloglanders

Happy Friday to you all!!!  I hope you will be having a Wonderful Weekend with lots of time to do the things you love.

Today I'm sharing my Fabric Covered Notebook. I used REAL scraps of bull denim. All the cream and white scraps go into a bin and I wanted to use some of it for my Christmas pressies.  I tore the scraps in strips, dyed it with fabric dye and adhered it to my notebooks.

This will be my girlfriend pressies. Who doesn't need a notebook???? 1st one from the Play as U GO production line:

And for those of you who want the inside info:










1. I only have 3 colours of dye in my stash - yellow, blue and pink.  I used 1 teaspoon of dye dissolved in 1 cup of boiling water. Everything went into empty jars and then I started mixing until I had 5 different colours.
2. Add your strip of fabric to the jar and SHAKE, then hang to dry. It drips and makes a mess. Make sure you put some newspaper underneath.
3. Uses a page from the notebook you want to cover (for size) and start pinning your stips to the paper. Leaving about 1 cm extra fabric for the sides and bottom and about 3 cm at the top.
4. Back view.










5. Stitch in place.
6. Back view.
7. Fold the edges over and pin in place.
8. Stitch around the edge to keep the seam in place.










9. Stitching done.
10 Start decorating. I wanted to try out Amy Tangerine's stitch templates. It worked SO well. Just poke the holes in the backing paper as you wouldn't be able to see it on the fabric.
11. Cover the inside with a piece of cardstock and glue in place. My notebooks doesn't have ANY covers - if yours does, you can glue your fabric cover directly onto it.
12  Some more decorating. DONE!!!

I totally love my project. Lots of scraps, cheap and totally adorable and usable!!

I'm off to make some more. YEAH,  I do have lots of friends and each and every one will get one. Until we meet again, have fun and try something new - TODAY.




No comments:

Post a Comment