Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dankie 2012

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Wacky Wednesday!  Once again, a beautiful day in Sunny SA.  Today I'll be cooking apricot jam and therefor will not be doing any Xmas prep.  The smell of jam means SUMMER to me.  But, I did bring a project to share:


In a previous post I told you that I do MY LIFE MY WAY and this is part of it.  For 10 days before Thanksgiving, (we don't celebrate it in SA but IMPERFECT me does!) I start journaling on cards about things I'm thankful for in the current year.  This goes into my plastic tub system. One for blank cards and one for used ones.  Whenever I get the time, I either convert this to a mini book and / or a layout.  This year I wanted a girly page but as I don't own anything pink, (men, men, men) it once again turned out multi colored - IMPERFECT ME loves it when things don't turn out according to plan.

I made my own title as I had some left over space on my paper while printing my pictures.  As I'm Afrikaans, I try to journal and do titles in my home language.  "Dankie" means "to be thankful for".

And I have done some close ups as well:


The front page is actually double which means that it forms a pocket into which I inserted some more journaling cards.  I finished it off with a tab cut out of my only piece of pinkish paper. I didn't plan for the page to be double but as I didn't like the reverse of the paper, I came up with a practical solution and it turned out perfectly.

I just love the butterfly:


I really, really love the MME dimensional stickers - such a pity its such a mission to get hold of them in Sunny SA.

All my paper came from different MME collections. As I said before - I use what I have in my stash.  Some are rather old but I still love combining them. I'll be submitting my "DANKIE 2012" mini book for the MME November Gratitude challenge.  If you want to see what the rest of Blogland did, just click here.

That's it from me.  I'll be back tomorrow to share some more crafting fun and please come back to play as I'll be sharing the inside pages of my "DANKIE 2012" mini book right here on Play as U Go.

Have a great Wednesday.
Hazel
xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment