Thursday, November 8, 2012

DIY Washi Tape

Hi there Bloglanders

I hope you are having a thunderous Thursday!  I know that I am - while walking in the park my overlocker started sewing on its own and when I got back after an hour, it was totally jammed.  I had to take it to the technician in Somerset West and am anxiously awaiting a quote for the repair.  Now I've seen it all - a "runaway" overlocker!

Yesterday I told you how I do my daily journaling books.  Currently I'm finishing off last year's DD.  This system really works for me.  All my journaling cards are in chronological order and my pictures printed.  I just have to bind them together and it's done. The best part is that I get to re-live last year's festive season and this gets me into the spirit to start on this one.  While sorting through the journaling cards, I came upon this one with home made Washi tape.


You might find this weird as Washi tape is readily available but may I remind you that I'm from sunny SA and up to July this year I couldn't find a single roll locally!  So, this is what I did to make my home made Washi tape:
Stick double sided tape to the back of tissue paper. Leave the peel back strip of the double sided tape on.
Cut the tissue paper the width of the double sided tape.
Peel back the backing of the adhesive strip and position your "tape" on your project.
Easy Peasy!
Just a tip: Start your double sided tape before the edge of the tissue paper.  This is the perfect place to start peeling back your home made washi tape.

Washi tape my IMPERFECT way!

That's it from me. Back to my shop orders.  Please come back to play as I'll be sharing some more crafting fun right here on Play as U Go.



No comments:

Post a Comment