Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas prep 2012 - DIY Jewellery bags

Hi there Bloglanders

I hope you are having a terrific Tuesday.  It is a wonderful, sunny day in Stellenbosch.  I picked up some apricots this morning and will be cooking some jam tomorrow.  My husband just loves apricot jam and I have to cook quite a lot to get him through a year of cheese and jam sames.

This is what I did yesterday:


I made these little jewellery bags for the girls in my life.  You know that I don't knit or crochet but these little flowers and leaves are easy enough to make yourself. Normally when we go somewhere, I'll pack crochet  or knitting needles and keep my hands occupied whenever I feel artistic.  This means that I have a whole stash of flowers and leaves that I use whenever a bit of bling is needed. I bought the bag - they are so cheap that it is not worth my while and money to make them myself  but you can make them yourself if you prefer.

I'll be doing 10 of these and this was the first one on my production line.  The colors came from The Play Date Cafe.


I don't normally use pink (being surrounded by men) but since the beginning of this year it's been growing on me.  I love the washed out look of this combo and plan to do some more pressies in the same colors.  Please hop over to TPDC to see what the other entries look like. Just click here.

I'm off to have a walk in the park and then onto some more Xmas decor. Please come back to play as I'll be sharing some crafting fun right here on Play as U Go. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you, Hazel! Congratulations for the Cream in our Coffee honor from PDCC for your adorable gift bag!!

    ReplyDelete