Friday, November 23, 2012

Christmas prep 2012 - Advent Calender

Good morning Bloglanders

I've been up early. Checking on the craft fair stock - everything seems to go according to plan. I will have to do some more mini books for the weekend rush.

Meanwhile, as promised my first prep item for the 2012 Christmas decor - the Advent Calender:


I've used little tins from Making Memories. Normally I put my costume jewelery in them on the inside of my wardrobe door. They are magnetic - I only painted the area where they must go with black magnetic paint and ta da - done! Inside I have circles of scrapbook offcuts (not even everything is Christmassy), numbers that I got as a freebie on Pinterest, a little ornament and an idea of goodwill. Just click here if you want to see the printable that I've used. I don't have small children  anymore so I decided to focus on goodwill and not the treats that you normally get in an advent calender.  It would work just as well if you put a lucky number in every tin that children can then redeem for a favor or a treat. Every day the small ornament will be added to our Christmas tree every day.

I just love the interactiveness of it!  I have previously tried the same idea with tomato paste tins and it works perfectly.  You just have to add a magnet to the back and it doesn't have the nice see through lid that the Making Memories tins have.

That's it from me - I have some more orders to finish (jippee - again!) and of course my office admin got behind while working on the shop items.

Have a fabulous Friday and please come back to check out some more of my Xmas crafts.




No comments:

Post a Comment