Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pet Layout

Good morning Bloglanders

Only one day to go before the weekend!  I hope you are having a fabulous Thursday.  Today I'm sharing a layout of my cat, Tossel (like a pom pom) who died a little while ago.


And a bit of the detail:

We had Tossel for 20 years and she was our first cat (actually she was my son's) and she will probably be our last as my husband and I are considering a lock-up-and-go lifestyle. Tossel even had her own "catbook" - an album with pictures and journaling about her.  I'm so glad I made it - it stands next to my son's childhood album on my bookshelf. I knew since the beginning of this year that her health was deteriorating and that she would probably not live until the end of the year.  So, I got myself a notebook and wrote everything down that I want to remember about her. Eg. she used to climb our thatched roof and hang upside down like a bat for a whole day! She was really, really funny and unique and I completed the 72 page notebook before she died in August.  It is awesome reading! This will probably become a mini book / journal that I can add to her "catbook".

The challenge at Scrap RDV is  an "Animal" project using a picture of an animal or animal shaped embellishments or stamps. As my family are huge animal lovers, the hardest part was to decide which layout to use. I have a beautiful layout  in my childhood album  album titled "to all the pets I've loved before." I have included pictures and journaling about pets from days gone by.  Such fond memories. This is one of the first pages I've done when I started scrapbooking many, many moons ago (2006 actually) and I still love the page. Click here to hop over to Scrap RDV to see the other entries.


I hope you have enjoyed our chat. Have a great Thursday and please come back to play.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you lost your beloved cat.
    This is a wonderful tribute!!
    Thank YOu Hazel!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete