Sunday, October 7, 2012

MME September Challenge-Make it Work!

Hi there Bloglanders

I know you don't like layouts and I seriously had my doubts about this one as well - very my style - lots of pics and nothing new world. BUT on the brink of throwing in the towel and leaving the layout unfinished, I made a decision over a glass of cold white wine - I'm doing is for myself and not for the challenge.  The challenge is only there to inspire me. So, I finished the stitching by hand while sipping my wine and added the title this morning.  Currently it is on my coffee table for the whole family to enjoy before the album gets filed away.

The My Mind's Eye challenge is to do a layout and a matching card.  Here they are:


I used papers from the Nostalgia range but also used scraps from other ranges in the banner. What a perfect way to utilise those teeny weeny pieces.  I did the stitching with my sewing machine but didn't like it.  Then I took it off and did it by hand (while sipping my wine).  This was easy as the holes was already there.  Lucky for me I started on the card because when I had to do the stitching on the layout it dawned on me that if I remove the tread from my sewing machine, I'll get the holes without the stitches.  It really works!!!  I'm so glad I've learned something new and feel so stupid for not thinking about this sooner.

And a closer view of my stitching:


I'm so glad I finished my layout!  If you want to see the rest of the stunning layouts and cards on the MME blog just click here.  There is some fabulous stuff over there.

Enjoy the last bit of weekend and the start of your new week.  I'll be back to share some crafting fun.  Please come back to play.




2 comments: