Monday, December 9, 2013

Strawberry Cheesecake Jars

Hallo Bloglanders

Another week to fill with fun projects.  I'm so sorry for not updating my blogposts on a daily basis but I'm enjoying some quality time with my family and doing my own stuff.  I do take pictures but just don't want to spend time in front of my computer offloading / editing / uploading. After all ............................... if I don't live, I won't have stories to tell!

Yesterday we had lunch with some friends and I had to do the pudding.  Remember, it is summer down under in Sunny SA so I opted for Strawberry Cheesecake. And this is what it looked like:


Because we had to travel out of town, I decided to do individual servings and used these beautiful little jars. No mess, no fuss.  Here is a close-up of the open jars:

I sort of combined two recipes to make my own version. It turned out wonderful so I'm more than prepared to share.

Strawberry Cheesecake:

Crush some shortbread biscuits in chunks and put a portion in each jar. I used about 2 biscuits per jar.

Filling:
Add 1 cup of boiling water to 1 packet of strawberry jelly. Stir until dissolved. Cool.
Beat 1 and a half cup of cream until stiff.
Add to cold jelly mix.
Add 1 tub of cream / cottage cheese.
Add 20 ml of Cherry Liquor.
Blend well and spoon into jars on top of shortcake crust.
Refrigerate.

Strawberry topping:
Cut 250 g of fresh strawberries in slices.
Add 30 ml of Castor sugar.
Add 20 ml of Cherry Liquor.
Mix well and refrigerate until needed. I did mine the previous evening.

Arrange the marinated strawberry slices on the cheesecake.

Add boiling water to the left-over strawberry and liquor liquid - in total it must be about 250 ml.
Add 1 packet of strawberry jelly.
Stir until dissolved.
Cool and pour over the strawberry and cheesecake mix.

Add a mint leaf.

Put lids on the jars and refrigerate until needed.

And my recipe makes:


Yes!! 12 BIG portions. The best part is that I can wash my jars and fill it with something different next time. I think it will even work for a baked pudding.  Watch this space and all will be revealed.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a Marvellous Monday and please come back to play as I have lots more to share right here.

Hazel







No comments:

Post a Comment