Monday, October 14, 2013

Sunshine in a Jar

Hallo Bloglanders

Actually, it's Tuesday's post but I'm so excited that I can't wait to share My Fall Sunshine in Jars project:
















First up - the jars. I don't know if the rest of  Blogland  have them but they are WONDERFUL. They have little LED lights and tiny solar panels in the lids. Energy saving, cheap safe and a great way to light up a table or outdoor space. You can see the handles in my pic - you can hang them! If you want to read more, here is the link to the manufacturer, Consol. For the lazy ones - here is what it looks like in the evening:




















And the lid:















You can fill them up with flowers, decorate it and let your dreams and ideas take flight!  I decided to use fall garlands to zuss them up and they do look wonderful at night. So silly, we are having spring in Sunny SA and everyone in Blogland are having Fall challenges but I don't get sidetracked that easily.  I do love to recycle my scraps so out came some "fallish" pieces. All the Fall shapes were done with my Silhouette but for those of you who don't have one - I also did a version with my normal small circle punch.










I stitched my cut-outs onto a double strand of twine from The Twinery and ta da!!! Done.  I do make these garlands all the time.  If you missed my Valentine's edition, you can see it here. They do not only use up scraps but the can be used to decorate anything and what's best - they can be used for men as well. Always a problem for me.  Here you can see one that I've done for a "boyfriend". (Don't stress, I'm not getting divorced / cheating on Wynand .................... just a word I like to use for male friends)


What more can a guy want - freshly baked rusks in a "manly", pretty, zussed-up jar!  And how am I  storing all these garlands?  Of course, I will share with you!





















I used my Silhouette to cut cardstock spools (about 2x3) and I'm just winding the garland around it. Pretty awesome isn't it.  What about packing it in a jar as well?  OK, I'm off to find another jar.

Thanks for looking at my blog today.  I hope you have a wonderful day and please come back to play.

Hazel

PS. Since I wrote this post about our South African version of solar jars, I came upon a link from Finding Home of a DIY version. In her post she shares the link to Amazon where you buy the lids and use whatever jars you have on hand. Hop over and see for yourself. Just click here.
added 8 November 2013.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea, Hazel. I also love how you are storing your garlands.

    ReplyDelete