Friday, October 11, 2013

Subway art in AFRIKAANS!

Hi Bloglanders

Happy Friday to you all. Back to Big Picture and it's time for challenge #4: Use vintage fonts. I have a horrible handwriting and are quite a "fonty" but I use the ones I like and have never thought about it being vintage or not.  True to my nature I decided to use as many as possible! And this is what it looks like:


I just love subway art but they are all in English so I got into it and made one in Afrikaans that resembles my own family's values.  I'm actually going to print this in A3, frame it and hang it in my kitchen for all to see. For a first attempt at vintage fonts and subway art, I'm chuffed with my effort.  Thanks to Elizabeth and Stacy over at Big Picture - without you I would never have tried this one.

And for my non Afrikaans Bloglanders - I'm not sure everything is translated 100% but it's the best you'll get from IMPERFECT ME.

my familie = my family
is lief vir mekaar = loves one another
help ander mense = help others
luister as met hulle gepraat word = listen when spoken to
hou van diere = loves animals
leer uit hul foute want niemand is perfek nie = learn from mistakes, nobody is perfect
ruim agter hulsef op = clean up
se hulle is jammer as hulle verkeerd was = say sorry if they were wrong
help mekaar = help one another
probeer altyd positief wees = try to be positive
praat altyd die waarheid = speak the truth
is regverdig = be fair

That's it. My family values recorded!  Thanks for looking at my blog and please come back as I have lots more to share with you. Have a wonderful weekend!

Hazel

1 comment: