Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Mini Book for a little Friend

Hallo Bloglanders

It seems that my little crafting friends keep my busy!! Today I had Alexa over to work on a school project and yesterday I made a mini album for my neighbour's daughter, Maja - yes, the one I share a cat with.

Since I became a full time Project Lifer, I do a lot less layouts and mini books and if I do, I adapt them to fit into my album.  So, it was such a treat to print extra pictures to make a mini book for Maja. Here it is:

I used a few die cuts and a pic for the front of my book. And the back looks like this:

Inside:
A few months ago my dad asked me to make mini albums for his college friends and I couldn't get 6x4 mini albums - you know those cheapies that EVERYONE stocks???? I searched high and low but not go so I made a plan.  I bought these:


Then I deconstructed it and used my sewing machine to add a cardstock cover to the 6x4 photo sleeves. You can see what I mean in the inside picture.  For my dad's books I used primary colours, a pre printed title and a piece of string to add interest to the outside but for Maja, I splurged out with the bright pink cardstock and die cuts from my stash.

I love how it turned out and you will agree with me.................. PJ is the most beautiful cat in the Southern hemesphere - I haven't seen all the Northern ones ..................................... yet!

And a picture of my "manly" version for my dad's friends:
I did them X15 but everything was so standard that I produced it factory style and mailed it off the next day. Sorry about the picture quality - I only had my iPhone on hand so it just had to do.

That's it. Another F-U-N project.  Thanks for looking at my blog today and please check back as I have lots and lots more to share right here.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday.
Hazel






No comments:

Post a Comment