Friday, February 21, 2014

Dimensional embellishments with digi stamps.

Hi there Bloglanders

Wynand's back from a business trip and things are slowly getting back to normal. While he was away I had more time for my own things but I also had sole responsibility for home, garden, the boys and the office. Can't decide if I got more of  my own stuff done with or without him.

What I can tell you is that I ate what and when I wanted. Wynand is a picky eater - no avo, mango, spinach, risotto, souffle ....................................... I can go on forever! So, I had spinach souffle for breakfast and sushi for lunch and chips and avo dip for dinner. Today, it's back to counting points with Weight Watchers. After all, I have a HUGE wedding in 6 months.

While in the office, I had some time to play and tried my luck at another digi stamp.  I've joined this challenge and you can see my first effort here.  And didn't this little dragon turn out great?


The idea is that you make one, upload it and then you receive the next month's stamp free.  GREAT IDEA. Come December and you will have 12 projects to add some speed to your Christmas rush.  As I don't really do cards, own about 3 Copic markers and mass produce wherever I go, I converted my shape to a Silhouette cutting file, cut them X6 from a single 6x4 sheet and mounted them on green cardstock (I used offset to cut the green a bit bigger than my original image).

This month I couldn't decide what my tag should look like so I opted to make dimensional embellishments from the digi stamp. Now it is ready whenever I need a quick fix for a Christmas project.  Once again, I'm doing them x6.  That will enable me to spread some pre Christmas love to 5 of my friends.  I added pop dots to the back and all the embellishments go onto an A4 transparency.  Later, I will cut them apart ........................ let's not spoil the surprise, I'll show when I get there.

And here it is - my digi, dimensional, Christmas embellishments. January and February done and dusted.


















That's it from me. I'm off to cook some chicken pie, rice and potatoes for lunch. Thanks for looking at my blog today. Please check back as I have lots more to share right here on Play as U Go. Have a great day!

Bye
Hazel


















1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Hazel, this is such a wonderful idea to create embellishments with the Christmas images. They would be awesome on scrapbooking layouts too.
    Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of March.

    You might also like to enter this beautiful Christmas card over at Lisa’s Linky Party as there are some lovely prizes up for grabs each month.
    {Decosse’s 12 months of Christmas Link Up}

    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete