Monday, February 3, 2014

Drawstring Bags - Stamping AND Fabric paint

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and time to try something new!!  I've got a "newbe" to share - a combo of stamping AND fabric paint:


In my previous post I showed you how my 9-year old craft class stamped on their canvas bags but when I looked at my attempt it looked too bland for IMPERFECT me. So, Silhouette to the rescue with my "fave" option - "trace and detach". I only wanted a little pink on the butterfly's wings so I opted for making cutting lines from the inside of the shape. First, the stamped image that I scanned and opened up in Silhouette:
And my Silhouette layout:


As I told you before. I use ordinary vinyl for my stencils as I have lots of scraps.  For this I used an 2 x 3 piece and did the L-O-V-E for my first post on altering drawstring bags as well as the butterfly for this project. In black you can see what my original butterfly looked like.

And a WIP pic:

You will agree - it does look funky now!! I love trying new things and when it works according to plan, it's extra special.

Sorry but I'm a bit tired of drawstring bags now.  Tomorrow I'll do i SPY as I saw something wonderful and would love to share it with you.  However, I have lots more in my Drawstring Bag repertoire.  I think I'll continue with that on a weekly basis - let's make it every Thursday???

That's it. Thanks for looking at my blog today. Please check back as I have lots more to share right here on Play as U Go.  Have a great day!

Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment