Monday, May 28, 2012

Forever Friends

Hi there Bloglanders

I've got a stack of unfinished projects that I'm trying to get off my desk as well as keep up with my office work.  I'm so scared that if I don't keep it out, I'll totally forget about it.  One of these is an envelope with slides that my Robertson friend sent me.  Her mom took it many, many moons ago of us and as my childhood album have been scrapped, I wanted something original to keep them together and to remind me of the good times we had (and still have). Here it is:


I scanned all the slides, converted them to "Polaroids" in Photoshop, printed, glued and bound them with a binder ring.  The cover is made of  felt lined with cotton material that I fayed at the edges.  My sentiment was printed onto transfer paper and stitched on top. I added a  few bits and bobs and it's done.

Inside it looks like this:



I wanted to put a sentiment on the back as well but I spoiled one and now have to wait until I have a full sheet of transfers to print before I can replace it. At least the book is done.  I'll probably change the binder ring to a ball chain and then include the whole mini in a layout for my childhood album.

And here is a picture of the back as well. I just love the colors! With all the men in my family, I rarely use pink. Perfect for a "forever girlfriend".


That's it from me for today. Have a great day and please come back to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment