Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Mind's Eye layout

Good morning Bloglanders

I had a wonderful day until it started to rain.  No walk in the park!  Anyway, I still loved every moment of it and enjoyed the time with my husband, son and friends.

Today I want to show you a layout I did about our past holiday - some of the pictures you'll recognize as I included them in my mini book as well.  Still, my albums are very important to me and I'm sure they'll be the ones that my grandchildren will read in years to come.


From the picture you can see that I did the layout and filed it away and only THEN did I stumble upon this blog post from My Mind's Eye. Now, normally I don't use papers from only one kit.  This is not my personality - I love to make every page I do, a "Hazel" page and therefore I mix and match as I go.  Even though I did it here as well, the biggest part of the layout comes from My Mind's Eye's "Follow your dreams" collection.  I totally love it and have been saving them for a holiday layout and a mini book.  When I saw these pictures of my husband helping my sisters' son fly his kite, I knew the time has come.

What is more is that the challenge wants us to use something to celebrate the middle of the year and you wouldn't believe me - the pictures were taken on the 1st of July 2012!! 

I've got another picture of the layout for you.


It's a rather "old school" page with two half pages flipping over the main ones.  I totally love the look even though I haven't tried it before.  I also did some stitching directly onto my album pages. What I like as well is the hexagons that was left over that I glued onto the half pages.  The chicken wire on the page is a stamp.  I know that I'm not good at stamping but this worked very well.

Now you know - it helps to be Bloghopping as it turns out that great minds think alike!  Hop over to My Mind's Eye's blog to see the other entries.  Have a great day and tomorrow I'll be back to show off one of my pressies. Please come back to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment